Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil Addison Phil Addison is offline

Default (Oh no, not again!) Balancing CH system

On 29 Nov 2006 11:00:20 -0800, in uk.d-i-y "Velvet"
wrote:

Phil Addison wrote, and Velvet snipped lots and replied at various
points:

[big snip]

What I'm struggling with is the drop measurement though. If the
boiler's firing, it's quite a long cycle, and it brings the flows up to
about 62C at each rad.

62C is rather low for flow temperature if the boiler is set to maximum.
Is that the highest it ever reaches?

Nope, that was the boiler set on middle-of-the-road. Should it be set
to maximum when balancing it all?

YES, you don't want the boiler cutting out while you're balancing.

Did you wind up the room stat? That could be cutting out the boiler.

Yep, it definitely wasn't cutting out from the room stat. Can't find
any info on what temp diff the boiler would decide to re-fire to heat
the water again from the manual. I suppose the expected drop temp has
a bearing on that figure, so maybe I can deduce from that.

Not a temp diff, it will fire on/off according to the flow temp stat on
the boiler.

[more snip]

Phil
The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/