Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fred Fred is offline

Default Recommended glue for shoes

"John Stumbles" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 02 Dec 2006 12:53:38 +0000, Fred wrote:

I've never had much success with bonding leather to rubber/plastic soles
of
shoes. Is there any glue or method anyone here can recommend?

1 part polyurethane (you can get it from screwfix) sticks an awful lot of
things. Even split trainer soles, I'm told.

Many thanks.

The only "polurethane glue"s I can find on Screwfix are

63109 D4 Polyurethane Wood Glue
79242 D4 Polyurethane Wood Glue 750g Light Brown
40778 EvoStik Polyurethane Wood Adhesive 310ml

which are just wood glues. Is there another I'm missing?