DejaVU

Default 2nd day of Metal working class...grinding cutting tools

Harold & Susan Vordos scribed in
:

[sitting at grinder]

I thought a bit about that after I posted and soon realized that
if you are sitting at the right height relative to the grinder,
that could be a great way to sharpen tools. You can get right
down cozy with the wheel without leaning over when it's done

yup. I just need to rig a task light for it...

right. Whether standing or sitting, if you're not comfortable,
you're highly unlikely to grind very good tools. Seems all

true

you'd have on your mind is getting it done so you could find
comfort.

quite so. having had the back op back in 1987 I've "been there and
done that"
I'm amazed at people who complain here that grinding tools takes too
long. And now it's just struck me that their grinding posistion is
not comfortable! A good point you've made.

To me, 5 or 10 minutes grinding a tool is a pleasant break from
standing at the lathe, and a nicely ground tool is worth a pat on the
back and a fuzzy feel good feeling that can really tone down the
other things you've just fluffed (-:

swarf, steam and wind

--
David Forsyth -:- the email address is real /"\
http://terrapin.ru.ac.za/~iwdf/welcome.html \ /