Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker LT Steve Barker LT is offline

Default Removing cast iron tub

Sledge hammer will break it if you don't see any value in keeping it whole.

--
Steve Barker

wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
I'm considering purchasing a second home with the intent to rent. The
wiring has been upgraded to 200amp with breakers. The home is old but
appears to be in very good shape. The wiring job was recent but the
elec. left the old wiring intact (not live) - only visible in the open
basement - ceramic / wires. Should this not have been removed? Anything
to worry about?

Thanks

Sorry - the tub was to be my second question. In the potential home the
tub was obviously placed in the washroom before the room was studded
out. Not an uncommon thing around here. It has to be removed from the
room. Is it feasible to break it up? cut it up or am I better off
knocking out a wall.

Thanks