Posted to alt.home.repair
Smarty Smarty is offline

Default 1-switch + 1-timer in one box?

I looked all over a few months ago trying to solve exactly this same
problem. I was unable to find a single box solution which allowed both a
timer and a switch to fit in a single box. Perhaps somebody has a solution,
in which case I would also love to know about it. Intermatic and the other
major timer manufacturers including Nutone did not appear to have a
solution.

Smarty

wrote in message
oups.com...
Is there such a beast - switch that has both a single-pole switch and a
timer?

Why - I need a timer on the exhaust fan. Current config of nutone
bath-fan with 4 switches in a double gang box is:
* fan, exhaust
* heater
* light
* night-light

There is no room for more boxes. So, I have two choices to accomplish
this:
1. hot wire the night-light, which frees one box for a standard wall
timer
2. find switch that has both a single-pole switch and a timer.