Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia Jeff Wisnia is offline

Default patching holes

kevin wrote:

Tony Pacc wrote:

My wife wants me to relocate the towel bar,soap dish,tooth brush holder in
newly painted bathroom,what's the best stuff for filling in the holes?
Thanks

You're going to need like a thimble-full of something. I'd normally use
pre-mixed drywall compound (comes in a bucket). Spread it on with
something flat (a drywall "knife", a spatula, whatever), let it dry.
Run over it lightly with a clean, slightly damp sponge once or twice
(just a few swipes) to make it smooth. Let it dry again. Paint. But I
normally buy it by the bucket -- maybe it is available in smaller
amounts?

For just a few holes, you could probably just mix elmers glue with
flour or something... who knows?

-kev

I did something like that after I patched a small hole in a textured
ceiling. I mixed flour with ceiling paint and dabbed it on with a stiff
brush. Worked great!

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia