Posted to alt.home.repair
Bennett Price Bennett Price is offline

Default Running cable across doorway??

Steve wrote:
I'm having my basement re-carpeted. I have a doorway that I currently have
1 speaker wire and 2 CATV cables running across. The old carpet had padding
so I just cut a channel into the padding and ran a 1/4" x 1-1/4" cable
protector across the doorway. The new carpet will be glued down with no
padding. The other room will not be carpeted yet. What would be the best
way to get the cable across the door? Right now the installers plan to use
a raised molding that I put the cable inside. The problem with that is that
I still have to get the cable to the inside of the doorway (we currently
don't use a door here. I was thinking about cutting a channel into the
concrete floor and either use a conduit or the cable protector. I have
pictures of the doorway he
http://www.sjfphoto.com/newcarpet/

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Steve

If ceiling is not an option, how about going around door - up across and

down with wires concealed in plastic raceway, similar to what you are
now using.