Posted to alt.home.repair
Nick Hull Nick Hull is offline

Default leaning fence post

In article ,
"Joseph Meehan" wrote:

Chris Carruth wrote:
Hope you guys/girls can help me..installed cedar fence with 6x6
corner posts in concrete roughly 30" deep in Dallas, TX. Height is
roughly 7'.
It has developed a lean to one side, pulling away from the fence
line,and is quite noticeable, perhaps15 degrees or so. The side it is
leaning too has about 6" of ground betwenn the concrete and the curb.

This post has no stress on it other than about a 6' length of bamboo
fencing, opposite the lean, which weights hardly anything. Rest of
fence is fine.

How do I get this post upright without breaking it all apart and
starting over? Really would hate that.

Assuming the post is not bent, I would hazard a guess that there is a
problem at the curb. Maybe they left a void when they put the road in.
You may need to do some serious digging to find and fix the real problem.
It is also possible that a water supple or sewer line has leaked and washed
out that area. I hope I am wrong. If I am I would vote for trying the
stakes and twisted rope trick, it can work.

Is it possible that a car ran into the post?

--
Free men own guns - www.geocities/CapitolHill/5357/ (add .com after geocities)