Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default types of light sensor

Suz wrote:

First question:
Thinking of a door activated sensor for the attic bathroom as it will have a
fire door and I won't be passing to notice the light left on. Is this
possible?

A bathroom is a "non habitable" room for building regs purposes, so you
can do without a firedoor if you want. This would allow use of a door
with a frosted glass panel for example.

Not motion sensor only because my girls won't go in if the light
isn't on already. But it would need a motion sensor too so it doesn't go
dark while they are parked reading the Beano. Can't put a motion senor
outside the door as it is at the very top of the stairs and would get
triggered too often.

Any example of a 'door' switch and motion sensor in operation together?

You could do all sorts of nifty stuff, although I expect a switch with
neon indicator would do well enough. You could make it two way switched
so that you can turn the light off without having to go up there.

--
Cheers,

John.