Posted to uk.d-i-y
VisionSet VisionSet is offline

Default Soil/Sediment build up in Mains Water!

"None" wrote in message
ps.com...
I changed my dishwasher the other day to be horrified at the amount of
mud underneath the old unit. I then checked under the dishwasher...
same. To see the extent of the problem I drained the attic tank, and
there was a thick brown sludgy mess at the bottom also. I wonder is it
due to a mains leak somewhere? Any help/advice on this would be great.
I'm on a mains water supply with strict regs... so I don't think this
should be happening?!

Have you a hose attached outside? Is there a double check valve
incorporated (usually in the tap).
If not this could be a cause, but back syphoning into your loft storage tank
sounds a little far fetched!

--
Mike W