Posted to alt.home.repair

Default patching holes

marson wrote:
wrote:
Tony Pacc wrote:
My wife wants me to relocate the towel bar,soap dish,tooth brush holder in
newly painted bathroom,what's the best stuff for filling in the holes?
Thanks

I use this stuff called Vinyl Spackling that I picked up at Ace
Hardware. Just smear a bit of it in the holes with your finger and wipe
any excess with the other finger. Easy as pie. It's paintable,
sandable, dries quick, and it is also flexible.

-Felder

Red Devil "one time" spackling.

Right, spackling compound or joint compound will work. But spackling
is is available in small containers at any hardware or paint store. If
it's a bigger hole, you may need to do two coats, as when the first
dries, it may leave a small depression. That is less likely to happen
with the spackling as opposed to joint compound too.