Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Installing Electric oven.. 12AWG leads?

Don Fearn wrote:
I think it was Nate Nagel who stated:

mcfly32 wrote:
My understanding is that electric ovens have better heat control while
cooking than do gas.

I disagree; personally, I find adjusting a gas flame to be much more
intuitive than a rheostat controlling a coil of unknown resistance.
Also the gas burner has almost no thermal mass; if you want to stop
cooking something immediately (such as pasta that has achieved the

Ovens. You're talking stovetops; mcfly32 said ovens.

Stovetops are MUCH better gas -- IMNSHO . . . .
--
"What do *you* care what other people think?" --Arline Feynman

Most high end kitchens are now dual fuel. Gas for the range and
electric for the ovens. It's clear to me why gas is preferred for the
range, but not so sure about electric for the oven. Perhaps it's that
dry heat is better for certain applications, like baking?