Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill buffalobill is offline

Default LED Nite Lite

look at christmas strings of led's and ebay search lav-nav toilet
battery motion sensor led light.
some recent catalog had a $22 hi and low illumination pair of leds
with switch, it clips on a 9 volt battery.
you can search at www.brookstone.com for led and get amazing selection
of results.
my brother-in-law bob says put a paper cup over a flashlight to diffuse
it like a shade.
you will also be inspired by the camping/flashlight aisle, at walmart.
run white led christmas strings throughout the house and plug them into
your car battery inverter or ups.

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Last night, the wind blew. The storm howled. And the little bulb in my
night light blew. Well, this isn't a big deal, go get another bulb. I
decided to leave it for the next day. And eventually the daylight
came, and all was good.

But it got me thinking. What to do in case of a long term power cut?
The flash light on the night table is OK, but it's a lot easier to see
with a night light.

You'd think, wouldn't yah, that someone else had this same problem?

I'd like a light that runs for five or six days on a set of batteries.
Turned off daytime, of course. It should have about as much light as a
7 watt night light. And it should be a pleasant, wide light not a
penlight that shines a spot on the far wall.

I've never seen 3-D holders at Radio Shack, but maybe I can build
something. And maybe an LED out of a Photon light, that has a wide
spread light. And open wires, I can make something work.

But, is anything out there made for night light use?