Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill buffalobill is offline

Default Home heating problem

start with the manufacturer's manual and then work your way thru these
links:

http://www.arnoldservice.com/Trouble...g_Problems.htm

http://www.misterfix-it.com/Solutions/5Air.html

http://toad.net/~jsmeenen/wiring.html

jasone wrote:
I have a problem with my home heating system. The heat works fine when it
decides to come on. I have a digital thermostat that is set for different
temps throughout the day. At times the system works great and at other
times it fails to come on when the house temperature drops below the
minimum temperature the thermostat is set to. I've tried to manually turn
the fan on the heater to the "on" position but it won't come on that way
either. The heating system is close enough to the thermostat that I can
hear the fan attempting to come on but it doesn't seem to be successful.
I've replaced the thermostat thinking that it might be a problem with
that. Also, the heater seems more likely to come on after it has been off
for a while. Any help or knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

-Jason