Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

Default LED Nite Lite

I gurss everyone has a story. Mine is that I was across town working
on my wife's car that wouldn't start. One of the kids called to say
that he thought the power wasn't working (he was 7 or 8). I asked what
he meant. He said the only light in the house was from my computer.
So not knowing what to do (even though my wife was home), we went to my
office, turned on the TV and called me. I told him to turn off the
computer and watch TV until it died and that I'd be home soon.

Jim Rusling wrote:
" wrote:

I use a UPS on my satellite system and TV, before I went big screen.
The satellite receiver has a hard drive in it, its a DVR, so the UPS
avoids reboot time.

One day our power failed My wife freaked that EVERYTHING quit but the
TV.

I howled with laughter, she FREAKED!

The larger screen TV was too big for the UPS.

Get a bigger UPS.

If it is during the day, my wife forgets about the UPS. One time she
called me wanting to know why the ceiling fan quit working. I ask her
about the lights on the UPS and the orange light was on.
--
Jim Rusling
More or Less Retired