Posted to alt.home.repair
kevin kevin is offline

Default No electric power gas furnace

Our oven uses an electronic starter, as do most/all these days it seems
like. A match will not start it -- it relies on (I think) measuring the
current flow in the hot wire ignitor, and will not open the gas valve
until it reaches proper temperature. Maybe a torch to the ignitor would
get the resistance down ... but you still have to open the
electrically-operated valve. So no, the oven will likely *not* work
without electricity.

HeyBub wrote:
Big Al wrote:
Interesting what you said about gas ranges. Don't think the oven will
work in my new one without electric. Need to try it. Never thought of
that.

You'll need a match.