Posted to sci.electronics.repair
jakdedert jakdedert is offline

Default Remote Extender

Phil wrote:
Hello
Am wondering if anyone has am opinion as to the best brand of Wireless
Remote Control Extender on the market today , my son has a room upstairs
that he would like to control his Tivo or whatever type of receiver he might
want , some articles praise this or that unit , some said the Pyramid was
best , any thoughts would be appreciated .
Thanks
Phil L.

I've used the Pyramid, even in professional applications. It works
well...or it doesn't. I think the one I have at home must have
interference problems. Also, the IR isn't very strong. When it's
working, I can place it at certain spots where it won't work. Subbing
the actual remote at the same place works fine.

jak