Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller Toller is offline

Default How to change oil in old Montgomery Ward snow blower?

wrote in message
ups.com...
I just acquired an old MW snow blower and need to change the oil, but I
have not idea where the drain plug is. It is a 4HP, Tecumseh from
around 1984. The model number label is worn, so I have no idea what it
is. I have never changed oil on a snow blower, so I don't even know
where to start.

I bought a new lawnmower this year and can't find either the manual or the
oil plug.
I emptied the oil by turning it over and draining it through the fill tube.
Turned out to be easier than using the oil plug on my old lawnmower.
People will certainly tell me it doesn't get all the oil out, but I only put
15 hours a year on the mower; how bad can the oil be. Hopefully you don't
use a snowblower all that much either.