Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker LT Steve Barker LT is offline

Default Hot/Ground Reversed sockets

sounds like you have backstabbed connections on your outlets. Start taking
them out (all of them) and putting the wires on the screws. When you get
every outlet in the house done, I'll bet your three dead ones won't be any
more.

--
Steve Barker

"Jeffrey" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello everyone. Just had a quick question. Our house is only 2 years
old and up until a couple motnhs ago everything seemed to work fine as
far as electricity is concerned. Mysteriously, in our bedroom, 3
sockets stopped working. It was not a breaker, nor a GFCI, etc....Just
these three. Over at home depot I picked up a little tester with the 3
lights that tells what is wrong supposedly. In two of the 3 I got
Hot/Ground Reverse and in one I got Open Neutral. So, in my thinking I
could just open up the sockets and switch the hot ground on the 2 and
then connect the presumed detached neutral on the other. But there has
got to be a reason this happened on 3 at the same time. Is there anyone
out there who can point me in the right direction?