Posted to alt.home.repair
Terry Terry is offline

Default Hot/Ground Reversed sockets

On 2 Dec 2006 16:15:10 -0800, "Jeffrey"
wrote:

Hello everyone. Just had a quick question. Our house is only 2 years
old and up until a couple motnhs ago everything seemed to work fine as
far as electricity is concerned. Mysteriously, in our bedroom, 3
sockets stopped working. It was not a breaker, nor a GFCI, etc....Just
these three. Over at home depot I picked up a little tester with the 3
lights that tells what is wrong supposedly. In two of the 3 I got
Hot/Ground Reverse and in one I got Open Neutral. So, in my thinking I
could just open up the sockets and switch the hot ground on the 2 and
then connect the presumed detached neutral on the other. But there has
got to be a reason this happened on 3 at the same time. Is there anyone
out there who can point me in the right direction?

The one that shows the open neutral is probably going to be where the
problem is.

You might get lucky to find that this could be the cause of all 3
troubles.