jim rozen

Default 2nd day of Metal working class...grinding cutting tools

In article , Backlash says...

Hello group. My name is RJ, and I still use a lantern toolpost and
hand-ground tool bits. I have taken the 12 step approach, but I still need a
sponsor.

One day at a time as they say. You won't find anyone grousing
about hand ground HSS tools here. The lantern toolpost is
a problem from a rigidity standpoint, but if you take the
step to toss out the tool holder, if you are using one,
and mount the largest size HSS blank that will fit, right
in the lantern toolpost, you will find it not too bad.

Shim up to the correct height with a few scraps of square
CRS or other tool bits. I worked this way for years till
I saw what I was missing.

Jim

please reply to: