Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia Jeff Wisnia is offline

Default LED Nite Lite

Reed wrote:
snip

I'd like a light that runs for five or six days on a set of batteries.
Turned off daytime, of course. It should have about as much light as a
7 watt night light. And it should be a pleasant, wide light not a
penlight that shines a spot on the far wall.

I've never seen 3-D holders at Radio Shack, but maybe I can build
something. And maybe an LED out of a Photon light, that has a wide
spread light. And open wires, I can make something work.

But, is anything out there made for night light use?

maybe like this device ? (but only 8 hours on batteries)
http://www.outlettrail.com/store/pro...roductid=10019

Not great because you have to get out of bed and into it's detection
zone before it turns on.

snip

please see #3 below
3 Way Sensing - 4 way lighting

(1) Detects power outages and automatically turns on emergency flashlight

(2) Automatically senses motion in a dark room and lights the way for
safety

(3) Automatically senses darkness and becomes a classy night light

(4) Power lasts 8 continuous hours in emergency situation

Missed that, I stopped at The headline.

You're right, that sounds like what he's needs, if he doesn't mind
spending $35 to get it.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia