Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Fred McKenzie Fred McKenzie is offline

Default Generac 7500

In article . com,
wrote:

The unit I have is a 7500 not the 5500, and I do have a parts list and
schematic for this generator. Thank you for your advice. I spoke to a
tech for the local company that works on larger units and he told me,
the 84132 has an adjustment screw on it.

Ellombris-

My mistake. Somehow I read 7500 and thought 5500 when looking at my
collection of downloaded manuals!

Other Generac generators use the same set of boards. If yours has the
84132 module (located in the end bell of the generator, connected to the
brushes), it most likely also uses the 83970 module (located inside the
connector panel assembly). They work together to regulate voltage.

I have a set of manuals (Clymer "Small AC Generator Service Manual",
volumes 1 and 2). Volume 2 covers Generac fairly thoroughly. One
section leaves me with the impression that the 83970/84132 module pair
is used for all models that have the idle control circuit, from 3500 to
7500 Watts.

Fred