Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default Wanted table leaf latch non-marring design to allow stackingof...

Sun, Nov 26, 2006, 9:18am (EST-3) doth sayeth:
Does any one know where I can get a latch that will clamp the leave on
my table together and still allow me stack the leaves when they are not
in use without scratching them. (I have six leaves) There just has to be
latches being made for the purpose. snip

Why? You trollilng, or just that insecure? All the tables I've
seen with leaves, the leaves fit in place with dowels, no latches
needed. The table isn't gonna shoot apart or anything, so the leaves
stay in place, and the table stays together. So you're trying to solve
a non-problem. As far as stacking, stack face to face, if you're really
paranoid about scratches put a sheet, or paper, between them. But, if
you're really insecure, I'd think window latches would do the job.

I'm always suspicious about any gmail e-mail address. It seems to
be a favorite with trolls.

JOAT
I am, therefore I think.