Posted to rec.woodworking

Default CLEANING WOOD FLOOR

What condition are the floors now? How old are your floors and what kind of
wood and finish is on them wax, polyurethane or factory applied coatings?
The width also plays a role. A 4 inches wide maple versus 2¼" wide oak.
If it is a wax finish, mineral spirit and steel wool with elbow grease will
give good results. Then a new coat of wax.
At this time, until we know more about the type of wood floor you have I
prefer to wait to make further comments.

"BrianInNY" wrote in message
oups.com...
I just purschased a home with a wood (not laminate) floor. What's the
best way to clean it? I'm more concerned with cleaning/sanatizing it,
as opposed to polishing it. Thanks in advance