Harold & Susan Vordos

Default Please limit topics to metalworking

"Ted Edwards" wrote in message
Harold & Susan Vordos wrote:

extensive that you are all knowing and I,

He has had the benefit of being educated by watching the Simpsons. You
(and I) have been deprived of that "pleasure".

Ted

Yep! And to think of what we've missed! ;-)

I don't think there's anything like growing up to help you grow up. I
still enjoy (in very small helpings) the music of my youth, but find I tire
of it quickly. It's all a function of expanding one's horizons and
discovering that what was amusing as a young person suddenly has very little
appeal. Lobster, somehow, seems to taste better than a hot dog.

I can't tell you the degree of pleasure I have derived from listening to MJQ
(The Modern Jazz Quartet) now that I've grown older. I used to be slightly
put off by their cool, seemingly unemotional music when I was a kid, waiting
for them to sound like a rock band. I now listen in total amazement as I
hear the cool sound with hurricane force emotion in their subtle work.
Sadly, only one of them remains. Three of the quartet members died in the
past few years. A tragic loss to the original truly American music form.

Harold