Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default Very thin interior wall

EricP wrote:
On Sat, 02 Dec 2006 20:01:41 GMT, (Anna
Kettle) wrote:

I have allocated a space for a shower-loo-sink room but what I'd
_really_ like is to squeeze a separate loo-sink into the space as
well. After lots of entertainment as I drew the layout on a large
sheet of white paper and walked around to make sure that there is
enough space to fit it all in, the answer is yes it will fit ...

... if I make the wall between the shower-loo-sink and the loo-sink
out of something much thinner than a normal stud wall. I'm thinking
of using 22mm blockboard faced with 9mm plasterboard on one side and
faced with a wall of the shower on the other side.

I'm planning for the shower to be "Steam cabin" Screwfix 83798 so
the shower wall will be a sheet of plastic

Two questions ...

- Has anyone used one of these steam cabins or seen them in the
sheds? Are they the bees knees or a heap of tat?

- Will the blockboard/plasterboard wall be good and rigid and will it
be at least reasonable for sound dampening? The wall is only 1.3m
long. Would some other material like plywood be better? Comments
please

Anna

Go have a look at breeze blocks at your builders merchants. They are
large, very light and quite cheap.

A wall can be built quickly with them and it will be quite solid and
thin.

They are 100mm wide Eric, she needs it to be 35mm max...studding also ends
up at around 100mm once skimmed