Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default Wiring Problem

The power may go from the switch to one fixture, and from there to the
second fixture. If the siding contractors removed the fixtures to install
siding, I would bet one of the wires going from the first fixture to the
second has come loose.

"Alan" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

I had two outdoor lights at opposite sides of my house with a switch
inside. They used to both work fine. Now, one light works and the
other does not. I have replaced the fixture and no luck. I used my
electrical sensor and it beeps on the hot wire when the switch is on.
However, if I use my volt meter, it shows a weak current, whereas if I
plug my volt meter into a house electrical outlet, it pegs the meter.

Any idea what is happening here? I recently underwent some home
renovations outside (new siding, etc.) and am wondering if that had
anything to do with it. However, I would think a break or a nail
through a wire would give me no reading whatsoever.

Any help? Thanks.

Alan