Posted to alt.home.repair
Alan Alan is offline

Default Wiring Problem

Hi,

I had two outdoor lights at opposite sides of my house with a switch
inside. They used to both work fine. Now, one light works and the
other does not. I have replaced the fixture and no luck. I used my
electrical sensor and it beeps on the hot wire when the switch is on.
However, if I use my volt meter, it shows a weak current, whereas if I
plug my volt meter into a house electrical outlet, it pegs the meter.

Any idea what is happening here? I recently underwent some home
renovations outside (new siding, etc.) and am wondering if that had
anything to do with it. However, I would think a break or a nail
through a wire would give me no reading whatsoever.

Any help? Thanks.

Alan