Posted to alt.home.repair
wayne wayne is offline

Default Straight Dope on Home Depot

I know consumer reports just did cordless drills the Hitachi drill sold
at lowes was the same but the battery was of a lower capacity 2.5 vs 3
amp/hr if I recall. I always go by weight when looking at fixtures for
the most part. Brass is heavy

wrote:

I just purchased a Delta faucet from my local home center, and was
discussing it at dinner with a friend who's brother works at a
plumbings supply house and he said "You know, the faucets they sell at
Home Depot are an inferior quality to the ones sold at the plumber's
supplyl" I responded with a reasonably feigned "wild, oh really.. "
followed up by him with a "yea - the insides of those are all cheap
and plastic, but the plumbers supply ones are solid metal' .. I again
tried the "wow, O really?" response let the topic fade away.. but I
admit its been gnawing at me..

So I did a search .. found several threads - one concluded 'Hogwash'
the other was up in the air - my brief research reveals that it is. .
. . hogwash..

From Delta's site:

http://www.deltafaucet.com/wps/porta...Sj9SPykssy0xPL
MnMz0vM0Y_QjzKLd4439goDSZnFW8aHOepHogtZIoR8PfJzU_W D9L31A_QLckMjyh0dFQH
bXu93/delta/base64xml/L0lDU0lKQ1RPN29na21BISEvb0VvUUFBSVFnakZJQUFRaENF
SVFqR0VBLzRKRmlDbzBlaDFpY29uUVZHaGQtc0lRIS83X0NfOE pCLzIw?WCM_PORTLET=P
C_7_C_8JB_WCM&WCM_GLOBAL_CONTEXT=http://wcmprd1.deltafaucet.com:9081/w
ps/wcm/connect/www.deltafaucet.com/Customer+Support/Frequently+Asked+Q
uestions/General/What+are+the+differences+between+Delta+Faucet+mode ls+
sold+to+the+trade+and+those+sold+at+retail ------------ Frequently
Asked Questions

Click on a topic below to view answers to commonly asked questions.
Q: What are the differences between Delta Faucet models sold to the
trade and those sold at retail?
A: There are no differences. All Delta faucets are the same quality
regardless of distribution channel.

Was This Answer Helpful To You?

-----

So there .. that settles it for me. And maybe it will help someone
save a few minutes - and sleep easier.