Backlash

Default Please limit topics to metalworking

Bike crashes...memories...flashbacks...I got the right side of my chin
ground to the bone in '75, and scraped the right side of my nose. It melted
my face shield into a long stringy mess, hanging down to my chest. The
doctor left a divot in my nose trying to get the asphalt stain out, but the
chin grew back pretty well. Most people don't really notice it, or they are
too polite to say.

RJ
still riding

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 04:28:39 GMT, Gunner
brought forth from the murky depths:

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 10:10:40 -0800, "lane"
lane_nospam@copperaccents_dot_com wrote:

I can say that, also, but I've had things happen that were at least
embarassingly painful. My first large bike (not very large) was a

Suzuki
SP370, a large street legal off road bike. It had the cleated foot

pegs.
Once, before I had a chance to get well used to the bike, I stopped at

street intersection, tried to put one foot on the ground, and was
critically
slowed down by the high friction pegs. I fell over on my side just

like
the
little Nazi on the tricycle on the old "laugh-In" show. Lost my "cool
biker"
image instantaneously.

Also, don't ever try to tie your shoe while at a stop light. Same
results.......

Lane

Second worse I ever got hurt on a "bike" was on an old Indian minibike
we stuck a McColluh 90 chain saw motor on. We figure I was doing about
75-80 on that gravel road when the front forks collapsed.

Hmmm, that explains _much_.
I know people with embedded grit the doctors never got out.

Michigan puts cloride and salt on their roads in the winter time, which
tends to encapsulate the gravel in a nice layer of stuff that really
really really really hurts when the gravel sands parts of your body
away.

When I laid a Kaw 90 down in the street, I was very glad
to have a heavy jacket on. It spun the sleeve off which
polished about 5 layers of skin off my right forearm. The
asphalt would have taken it to the bone. The lady in the
Cadidliac who pulled out in front of me stopped, so I rode
the bike into her rear tire with my rear tire. My helmet
(thank Buddha I had one on) hit her door and bent it enough
to break her window (which was up, it was raining), and I
was only going 35mph when I dumped it.

I want another bike. That was the only bad thing that happened
to me in 2 years of riding it. Perhaps something larger now...

Do the voices in my head bother you?
http://diversify.com Full-Service Web Development