Posted to sci.electronics.repair
T Shadow T Shadow is offline

Default Rabbit Ears Problem

wrote in message
oups.com...
I bought a new TV (regular one not HDTV), and my rabbit ears will pick
up the VHF (2-13), but not the UHF. They worked on my old TV (15 years
old). The ears have three connections, one cable looking with a thin
wire in the middle which was what I used on the other set. I tried
connecting both of the other wire sets to see if one was UHF, but each
time the VHF worked, but not the UHF. I checked in the manual, and they
mentioned buying a combiner for the two sets of wires, and I checked at
Radio Shack, but they were not sure if that would solve the problem.
The big cable from the rabbits ears would appear to be a built-in
combiner. I hardly ever watch the UHF, but was wondering if my rabbit
ears are too old, and and there is a different electronic need or
something.The manual mentioned some electronic settings 75 ohm?

Thanks

Tom

IS the TV is set for cable or UHF/VHF?