Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Morse Morse is offline

Default Turn on after 3 seconds turn off

"donskister" wrote in message
ups.com...
I went to my friend he ask for my help if i can repair his kenwood
model RX-39 audio system. I turn on the power then it seems the unit
have no problem but after 3 seconds the unit turn off and the message
appear on the display ( Protect )..I noticed after repeatedly turn on i
hear a clicking sound inside the unit before the unit turn off..I plan
to open it by next week so that i can first gather informations before
i try to repair it.

By the way... My friend told me that sometimes he can used the unit
for a couple of months when he will not used the unit for a weeks then
after the unit will fail again then he will not used the unit for a
weeks..... it seems that the unit is working if had taken a rest.

My guess would be failing capacitors causing DC leakage and upset bias in
the audio path or something similar.

It needs attention as using it in this condition and repeatedly trying to
power it on could cause expensive damage.

Morse.