Old Nick

Default Hydraulics questions (a bit long)

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 17:36:20 GMT, "Toolbert"
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

A bobcat is a lot different from a same-size farm tractor with a front-end
loader.

I agree. The tractor was actually physically quite a bit larger than
the bobcat. But because the bobcat has its anchor points right at the
back, and up on arms, for lift height, the arms fitted really well
around the tractor, as if for a normal tractor loader.

I take all you points about dumping the load in your lap. My silliest
actio on a backhoe was to put some pipe across the arms behind the
bucket to simply carry it from a to b. When I lifted the arms I was
glad the pipe was only light! A lucky lesson.

Spike....Spike? Hello?