Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y
redwood redwood is offline

Default Battery charger shorts out?

"Ivan" wrote in message
. uk...

"redwood" wrote in message
Got the rectifier from my local Maplins and is now fitted. It's twice
the size of the original with bigger spade connectors so had to
replace
the ends of the 4 wires. It was a bit confusing knowing which way
round
the - wires go as the only markings on the new rectifier only
displayed
on one side showing the AC & +. Going round in a clockwise
direction,
if the 1st terminal is AC+, the 2nd terminal is DC+, I connected the
3rd terminal to AC-, and the 4th terminal to DC-

Most bridge rectifier are usually marked: ~ ~ (ac in) + - (dc out).

Looked all round using a magnifying glass but the only marks I could
find were on one edge similar to this pic
http://www.kpsec.freeuk.com/photos/rapid/brect5.jpg