Loren Coe

Default Please limit topics to metalworking

In article , Larry Jaques wrote:
On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 04:28:39 GMT, Gunner
brought forth from the murky depths:

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 10:10:40 -0800, "lane"
lane_nospam@copperaccents_dot_com wrote:

I can say that, also, but I've had things happen that were at least
embarassingly painful. My first large bike (not very large) was a Suzuki
I fell over on my side just like the little Nazi on the tricycle

on the old "laugh-In" show. Lost my "cool biker" image instantaneously.

Also, don't ever try to tie your shoe while at a stop light. Same
results....... Lane

When I laid a Kaw 90 down in the street, I was very glad
to have a heavy jacket on. It spun the sleeve off which
polished about 5 layers of skin off my right forearm. The

..... was only going 35mph when I dumped it.

every rider has stories of low-speed accidents/incidents, from funny
to fatal. the most frequent ones i remember happen at shift change
in or around large company parking/gate facilities. a friend had his
ear torn off when forced over to the shoulder just before the start
of a railing that took off his helmet and ear, he was very lucky.

another was more serious, similar situation at plant near Littleton
Co. the guy on a cycle was waived thru just as the car on the inside
lane turned to enter the visitor area. he compeletly shattered both
bones in the lower leg (both protruding), and spent months in an
orthopedic ward. which place, btw, will really clue you in on the
dangers of motorcycles, a tour s/b a requirement for getting the mc
indorsement.