Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Crown molding cut, 70* Cut how?

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 18:01:44 GMT, "MLD" wrote:

"evodawg" wrote in message
I have a crown molding cut to make that I just can't figure out how to

make.
It's a 140 degree inside left inside right. So the miter saw has to be set
to 70 degrees. How do I cut this with a miter saw that only handles 50
degrees at most. The crown is a 6" 45* spring angle. I have no problem

with
crown that is 50* or less but just can't figure out how to make this cut!

Thanks in advance,
Rich

--
"you can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Instead of trying to make a miter cut you can do it by hand with a coping
saw. One piece goes flat against the wall and the other is "coped" so that
when they fit together you can't tell the difference between it and a
bon-a-fide miter joint. I don't want to leave you hanging, I can do it, but
I don't think that I can do a good job of explaining how to do it. Hope some
on jumps in and describes it for you.
MLD

I don't even understand the original question very much, but I do
understand your reply.

The simplest example is quarter-round meeting at an inside corner.
Cut the left one flat and put it right into the corner. The right one
should have a quarter round cut out of it, perpendicular to the piece
of wood,itlself and parallel to the first piece that went in on the
left

Rate: 1 2 3 4 5

We had an assignment in the 8th grade to explain something mechanical.
I tried a simple mechanical can opener, and it was incomprehensible.
Another guy tried a lock cylinder, and even though I hadn't known how
they worked before, I did after he read his description, (which was no
longe than mine.) I think I'm better than I was in the 8th grade, but
I'm not sure. .