Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.driving
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default How to tell you have water in your gas

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I've been catching the news, the central US area is really being
pounded by some nasty snow storms. Time to stock up on Heet, snow
brushes, etc. Gonna need em.

First I've heard of frozen water in a gascan, though it does make
sense. At least it's not liquid water pouring into your snow blower so
it can settle in the carb bowl, and kill the machine.

--

Christopher A. Young
I recall cleaning that can out last year (may have been the fall

Harry K

I had never thought about it before but it is quit logical and fully to
be expected.

Carb bowl!? Carb bowl! This is an ancient Brigs...well not all that
ancient, probably circa 1980s but then the technology of those engines
was developed back in the teens or 20s and I don't think it was ever
upgraded.

Harry K