Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mike Mike is offline

Default ESR readings

well 0.47 caps, 1uf caps, and 2.2 uf caps read about 5. at 50khz, new and
old. so im assuming thats how it reads.

all 107 power supplys I have here, all 3 100uf caps are reading near 1 ohm,
some a little over.

my new 100uf reads right at 0. (analog meter).

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

"Mike" wrote in message
Im working on infocus power supplys, is an ESR of 1 to 1.5 ohm alright
for 100uf caps at 25volts? they are in the primary circuit of a power
supply.

No, that's too high. Expect to see around 0.3 ohms for a 'standard' cap,
less than that for a low ESR type. However, I doubt that 1 to 1.5 ohms is
bad enough yet to be stopping the supply from working, but replace them
anyway.

Arfa