Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] marks542004@yahoo.com is offline

Default Fixing a finish

Tim W wrote:
"Bubba Wood" wrote in message
[...] kids desk
[...] There are black spots and
streaks in the top where moisture was trapped.

[...].
My first thought was to try a weak bleach solution.

Some stains in some woods can be easily removed with a mild acid. This is a
trick which will save you a lot of grief if you ever have wooden kitchen
worktops which are very easily marked by iron pans or cans:

Saturate a piece of paper towel with lemon juice, lay it on the wood, cover
with cling film or a polythene bag to stop it drying out, leave it
overnight. In the morning, the stain will be gone.

Tim w

I would also try a bleach solution , again on a paper towel or damp
sponge .

If its a kids work desk I wouldnt worry too much about it , cover it
with a desk blotter or something.