Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

Default Outlet tester puzzle

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

I just replaced a regular outlet by a GFCI outlet. A GB outlet tester
with GFCI tester shows that there is no ground (just the same as before
I changed the outlet -- I'll try to solve that problem later: there is a
bare copper wire connected to the metal box and to the outlet's green
screw, but it must be disconnected at the other end), BUT pressing the
outlet tester's GFCI Test button still trips the breaker. I thought that
a ground connection was necessary for the test button to work.

Perce

Nope.