Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] scottieyoon@yahoo.com is offline

Default Window condensation / sweats

avid_hiker wrote:
Is this on one window or all of them?...........how many are sweating?
Do you raise or lower the inside temp when you leave the home? Then
raise/lower the temp when you again arrive home, etc? Do you also have
storm windows on the outside of these windows?

Me...live in New England and always have this problem. After shutting
storm windows......no more problem.

All my windows are having the same problem, upstairs and downstairs,
some more than others. We keep the house at the same temp all day. No
such thing as storm windows, just dual layer with tiny gap between (no
air, someone told me) and it is slightly tinted blue per new city code
for hot summer here in Texas. The frames are aluminum and water is on
there, too. I'm gonna try getting reliable humidity meter and then try
de-humidifier. I think the reading is wrong, too. I also read that on
new house, the new lumber and concrete will generate more moisture
than, say old house. I asked my wife to do the followings meanwhile.

open blinds for better circulation.
circulate air from outside for an hour or so.
keep the fans running at "on" instead of "auto".
and keep mopping .....