Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default How many filaments will burn this Xmas?

On 1 Dec 2006 06:15:03 -0800, "
wrote:

Power company spokesman said it would cost $14 worth of electricity to
light average Christmas tree this season

Frank

LED lights look great have LONG life, and cost a small fraction of
regular lamps.

certinally under a buck for the holidays

I put out a lot of LED strings this year. A couple of them failed
within the first 2 days. Maybe it's just "infant mortality".

Both of these strings are the type with an internal full wave
rectifier. I expect to examine one to see if I can tell what failed.

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

school classes." -- Ted Kennedy