Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default Is it worth a career change?

Fri, Dec 1, 2006, 9:54am (EST-3)
(Never*Enough*Money) doth mumble:
I'm in my early 50's snip I feel it's time for a change snip I'd
love to open a Woodcrat store. Does anyone have any idea how much I
could take home? snip What should be my expectations?

My first thought was, why ask here? My second thought was, why ask
here?

If it was me, and I was serious, I'd start out by asking Woodcraft,
and any Woodcraft store owners I could track down. I'd probably try to
get a part-time job at one of the stores too. Then I'd start talking
with my bank. And, as distasteful as even the thought of it is, I'd
probably check with a lawyer somewhere along the line too. Before I did
ANY of this, if I was married, I'd talk with the wife, and get her
views. If I was serioud.

JOAT
I am, therefore I think.