Posted to rec.woodworking
Never Enough Money Never Enough Money is offline

Default Is it worth a career change?

It would be a stretch for me to come up with the approx $150K money (I
listened to the video on the Woodcraft website regarding their
franchise - they say average investment is $500K with owner putting in
$150). I have two rental houses I'd have to sell to get that and would
have to pay some hefty tax on my profits. I certainly don't have years
to build a business, I darn well better be making money the very first
day.

Note to self: buy a powerball ticket tonight.

Art Greenberg wrote:
On 1 Dec 2006 09:54:42 -0800, Never Enough Money wrote:

I'd love to open a Woodcrat store. Does anyone have any idea how much I
could take home? I know it depends on location, location, location, and
other things like the qulaity of help, etc. But are we talking $40K and
that's a struggle or $400K? What should be my expectations?

I considered that, too. I was serious enough about it that I went to
Parkersburg for a day for the official presentation for prospective
franchisees. Most of what I learned is restricted, so I can't share numbers
and such. But, if you're able to survive lean times while business ramps up,
which could take a few years, and you can come up with the capitol needed to
start up and carry you through that, the potential exists to earn a reasonable
income. You *will* have to work your a** off, I expect.

Your best source of information will be Woodcraft. Call Bill Caroll at
Woodcraft HQ (800-344-3348), and get the skinny from him. He's a really nice
guy, and he won't lead you astray.

--
Art Greenberg
artg at eclipse dot net