Posted to alt.home.repair
northranch northranch is offline

Default Sub Zero 550 water leak

Great fix!! I have been trying different things for ages. I just ran
a copper wire & now I'm crossing my fingers. It took all of 10
minutes. About as long as it takes clear the ice plug.

If the hose is plugged with ice you don't have to wait to thaw it,
I've been unplugging it for years with a turkey baster and a mixture
of alcohol and salt water. Remove the crisper drawers. Pull the
hose from the drainage tray (lay it down on a towel to drain the
water on top of the ice plug), then fill the hose with alcohol. Then
you can blast it clear with an air compressor. I ran the copper wire
down from the top through the hose without needing to get undrneath.

Again, great fix!!! Thanks.