Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] ZZactly@aol.com is offline

Default Pioneer RPTV SMPS

OK, I have made a few discoveries. This is a PRO-76.

I beat it, the set is up and running. As usual for a Pioneer this age
it was in video mode and I had to put the two caps in the IF assy. Then
to boot it has no sound. Blown 4280 and a 4 amp fuse. Plus the green
tube is a bit soft.

I am really starting to think these sets are a bit too old. Next we'll
be looking for a greem tube. That's OK, especially if we can find one.

But people fall in love with them, the shiny black cabinet, the style
etc.

The 2.2s off the PNP transistor to the left. I swear I checked them.
Paerhaps the first 3451 I had was bad. This would not be the first
time. The .33s were replaced with a higher wattage. There is nothing
unsafe about this if something is designed on this planet. Hmm, perhaps
I should go back and, oh screw it.

Pioneer has certainly pioneered in wierd designs.

JURB

PS, still want to know about those jumpers.

JURB