Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.d-i-y
Aidan Karley Aidan Karley is offline

Default 2x1.5 sq.mm. flex wire, 2x2.5 sq.mm. flex wire

In article , Andy Wade wrote:
We don't know what cable size was used - but 30 m of 1.0 mm^2 flex will
only be just over 1 ohm and I can't see that causing too much in the way
of problems. In 0.75 mm^2 though things will be getting rather marginal.

I don't remember if the B+Q tags said what the conductor size was.
But Mr Multi-meter says the conductors are 0.5, 0.7 and 0.8 ohms, so I'd
guess it's 1mm.sq.
Where's my roll of gaffer tape? Well, it wouldn't pass muster for
offshore use, but it's a good enough fix for me.

--
Aidan
Aberdeen, Scotland