Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
tim tim is offline

Default commerical building fire sprinklers

We had to have a second line, but it didn't have to be
dedicated (in LA).

Now I'm really confused. Why would you have to have a second
line if it's not dedicated to the alarm? If it's not dedicated,
then what makes the second one different from the first phone
line, or any other phone line?

I may not have to be dedicated, but it should definitely be one that
is not in general use - it's kinda hard for the alarm to dial out if
the line is already in use receiving a fax or some other such use.

But again - what's the point. Even at business line rates, the cost
of a single line that isn't making any calls isn't very much, and for
a business of any size at all, it's down in the noise level. If you
are looking to economize, I'm sure there are other things that make a
lot more sense than messing with your safety systems.