Posted to alt.home.repair
tom tom is offline

Default Other uses for spare 3-tab shingles?

Freecycle them to a local roofer. Tom
tom wrote:
They store just fine, IMO. Tom
mm wrote:
Are there any other uses for spare 3-tab shingles?

Have any of you ever used any for anything other than a roof? (Not
counting shingling a dog house)

I did a temp repair about 3 years ago on my roof and only used a
portion of the package of 3-tab standard asphalt? shingles.

Now the whole roof is redone, in a different color, and I'm still
saving the shingles, just like I save spare pieces of wood, metal,
cloth, etc. And I often use these scraps. More to the point,
whenever I need something small, I almost always have it.

But the shingles are still outside, and don't store well, and if I'm
never going to use them, I'll throw them away. I can't imagine that
freecycle wants them, less than a package.